Downtown Montreal is becoming a true destination for luxury experiences. With the addition of two 5-star hotels (the Mount Stephen, which has been open since the beginning of the year and the Four Seasons slated to open in 2018), in addition to the major renovations completed earlier this summer at the famous Fairmont Queen Elizabeth, and the makeover of the Ritz-Carlton a few years ago, we can now enjoy great luxury for any special occasion or simply when we feel like spoiling ourselves… a lot. I spent the night at the Mount Stephen hotel last week and there is a lot to love about this new luxury hotel.
- The historical house of Lord George Stephen (and more recently, a private club) on Drummond Street serves as a grand entrance to the hotel. With red carpets leading up to the front door and rich wood paneling inside, you receive a welcome that’s celebrity-status worthy.
- The hotel is pet-friendly, so Dapper spent the night and was treated as a VIP (Very Important Pup). A dog bed, food and water bowls, dog biscuits, a toy, a blanket and a roll of poop bags were waiting for him in our room. If you bring your kids, the hotel also offers a welcome kit for your little ones.
- The rooms are all equipped with the latest technology. There’s a high-tech control system that manages the: curtains, blinds, temperature and lighting.
- Each bathroom is equipped with a Toto luxury toilet and the shower includes a system of various colours so you can enjoy Chromotherapy.
- You’ll also find: cushy robes and slippers, a Nespresso machine, memory foam mattress – everything you need to feel at home (or even better!)The Bar George bar & restaurant deserves a mention of its own. We were invited for breakfast and I had the forester’s omelette (mushrooms, bacon, Emmental cheese and spinach) which was perfect. I also wanted to test the mixologist’s skills, so I ordered a British coffee (gin, coffee liqueur, coffee and cream) – and it was a real treat. The Mount Stephen is a perfect mix of old and new – a place to make your own memories even if you only go for a cocktail, a meal, an event or a staycation.
To learn more, visit the hotel here:
1440, Drummond Street